Sunday, April 13, 2014

apple core

I am multitasking again. I get too bored with one project. I have started an apple core. I started with a large size piece. I am not happy with my colors and am in the process of dividing it into 2 quilts hoping to be more pleased with them both.
TIP ** I will say that I would never start this type without clearly marking the center of each side on each piece. I also think it needs to have the ends and middle pinned but also one on each side of the middle at the half way point from the end. It is a bit slooower and more tedious than I thought it would be.
It probably evens out with the piecing for a more complicated quilt but still tedious. My pieces are large and I thought the curves would be easier. They aren't!
  I put the rows from a patriotic chevron together. I have too many things started but it does give me a piece of work that is easy to finish at a later date. I still have a bunch of large squares cut for another chevron too.
  I am washing a few of the fabrics with red or all red since they seem to be the worst bleeders.

No comments:

Post a Comment