Tuesday, August 19, 2014

mug cakes

My quilting is stalled while I work with my old dog and puppy.  I have discovered mug cakes. I got a couple Corningware stoneware mugs and love them. These recipes can be really simple and quick or contain more steps and a bit more time. Anyway you look at it, it is FASTER than using an oven to bake them...and gives you one individual serving.
  I copied some from other blogs. I am not sure who or where. I will apologize for that. I also note that they appear to come from other blogs and are based on what somebody else did.
Banana bread in a mug ingredients:
Non-stick cooking spray
3 tbs flour
1 tbs + 1 teas sugar
2 tbs  brown sugar
1/8 teas salt
1/8 teas baking powder
1/8 teas baking soda
1 egg
1/4  teas vanilla extract
1 tbs vegetable oil
1 tbs milk
1 ripe banana, mashed
Preparation:
Spray a microwave safe mug with cooking spray.

In a bowl, or right in the mug, whisk flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and soda. Add egg and combine until just incorporated with dry ingredients. Mix in vanilla, oil, milk and mashed banana.

Pop into the microwave for up to 3 minutes, with no fear to stop and check after 90 seconds for doneness.

No comments:

Post a Comment