Friday, April 22, 2016

Added 2 more Vintage Sewing Machines

I added 2 more vintage sewing machines to my growing collection.

I purchased a very nice model 99 from 1955. This is now my most modern of them. I received it with great packaging and the motor fell off when I lifted it out.
The bracket was broken off the back of the machine. I was unhappy but the machine is in good shape. I have a spare replacement set of motor and pedal. I will be looking for a replacement original though. It is made in Great Britain.

I just got another New Home. I loved the little $30 New Home "RUBY" and got the new one because of it. I had moved it up to the first project to repaint. It is in good shape in structural ways. I didn't know much about it. I could see that it didn't seem to have decals. They are worn off. No worry about cleaning then! It wasn't my dirtiest either. I believe that for most of it's existence, it was cared for.
I oiled it well. I removed the front unit. It really wasn't gunked up bad. I didn't remove the side plate right away. I got a real shock when I removed it. I found
GEARS. What a surprise for me. I didn't have any with gears.


This appears to be an 1890 model "pre-model A". The base has square corners and it is identical to the website I misplaced...had a picture of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment