Friday, March 25, 2016

SINGER BOBBINS

I am trying to get some info together for the various machine bobbins and items like the bobbin winder rubber tires. I have 2 of the 1880's  Singers that say they take the "small" bobbin. When I measured mine, I found that it appears to be the same as some of the model 29. Some of the 29s take the "small" bobbin but it is not what I was looking for. The model 29 also has what they are calling a large bobbin but it is not the size of the modern bobbin. It is the size of my 2 Singer fiddle base machines. This bobbin is only 1/4" thick.
  The rubber tire is LARGE on some of the singers bobbin winders. I was concerned because at least 2 of my machines appear to have large ones. I was able to find those on Ebay. The information about the size of the bobbin is in the manual for the model. It is also in the description on Singer class descriptions.
The needles: my fiddle base 1880's seem to take flat side needles. Trying to give reference not just the manuals. The manual for some of the 1880's is the "improved family" and there is NO model number.
FACE PLATES. Some look so similar and yet many years apart or a different model.
I have 4 model 66  and they are the same from 1951, 1939 to 1910. I screwed the plates on to be sure.
  The 3 fiddle bases, are not the same face. The 1884 and 1885 are the same. The 1888 is a rectangle flat face.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment