Monday, November 19, 2012

SPLIT 9 PATCH Nov 19, 2012

I have finally gotten all of the split 9 patch blocks made. I have added and changed what is going in it a couple times. I am very satisfied at this point. Not really happy about the time though. I am sure I could have chosen something quicker. I even like my batik 10 minute block quilt  better.  I watched more tutorials on Missouri quilt company and I think the disappearing 9 patch might be faster and less fuss for seams too.  I watched the Bulls lose 2 nights in a row. That is one reason it is taking so long. I will most likely leave it on hold for a day or 2 for my birthday (Tuesday, Nov,20).
  My split 9 patch quilt is for the donation to the Hurricane Sandy area. I am making it after seeing the info on another quilter/blogger site: http://vesuviusmama.blogspot.com/

These are the 42 blocks laying out to decide on color placement.

No comments:

Post a Comment