Sunday, April 7, 2013

10 minute block quilts made from 10" squares

This is info about the 10 minute block quilts I have made. I am going to put it in 2 posts to try and make the 10" blocks and 5" blocks as a separate set of info. I have photos, a cutting chart for fat quarters, and some notes. I have several of the smaller size (baby 45x60) made from 5" squares. =I have one larger size finished 60x80 made from 10" squares also cut from fat quarters. The fat quarters will only make 2 of the 10" squares each but the strips for sashing can be cut from the rest.
     This is a set of 12 blocks  that covers the top of a queen bed. The sashing is 2.5 before sewing. the blocks are  21.5" after sashes are added and seams.
That should be 80x60 with 4x3 blocks. Could  do a sashing around the outer edge too and be a bit nicer.  NOTE: I did not make cornerstones on mine as Suzanne McNeil did on her batik.
this is my large size from batik fat quarters.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment