Saturday, April 13, 2013

stripe fabrics in 10 minute blocks

I have used stripes in a couple 10 minute block quilts and it causes me a bit of trouble each time. I turned one of the corner stripe pieces the wrong way. I moved stuff around to put it so the colors and the stripe were still pleasing to me. Yeah, totally anal. I used a stripe fabric as the diamond piece and it just turned out the wrong way too. I have a stripe piece on the corner of the same block and can't turn this one to fix it. I will just put the other one that is a diamond so it at least goes the same way...

So, if you make one of these and use any stripes or directional fabrics, you do have to be careful. The first one I turned wrong on this was my mistake as I must have turned the square wrong at the last second when stitching it.

The diamonds: to make the stripe END UP vertical (up and down), you need it going horizontal  Seems wrong but I drew it out on paper vertical before doing it and then it ended up being side to side instead of up and down.  I am not anal enough to take that back out. It is only 2 of the diamonds. Nobody is gonna care.

No comments:

Post a Comment