Sunday, April 7, 2013

Purple 10 minute quilt from 5" squares cut from stash and fat quarters

This is info for the smaller size quilts I made and obviously they can be made with sashing and more blocks for a larger size. I don't really think they look good as a larger size unless the blocks start to be enlarged too. I have done several and it starts to look too busy/messy, mixed or something for me. I have a black and white set of blocks and took photos of it laid out....I don't like it. Might try to salvage it by adding sashings.
   I have a purple one with a heavy polar fleece as the back that turned out nice if I do say so myself!!
I used a bit of curved crosshatching in 3 places on it and was pleased with the effect and the overall look on the back. I also did the same with a chocolate/pink and pink polar fleece  as the back. I have a mixed batik color one too. No sashing on any of my smaller ones so far. I gotta try that.
   I love the baby one that Valerie made from Paris Flea Market. It also is in a current for sale as a re-release...it had been an out of print for a couple years and Moda brought it back. Valeries is post on the MQR forum.  

No comments:

Post a Comment