Tuesday, April 30, 2013

chevron variations

I sort of fell in love with HST's and all the things that can be done with them. I made ridiculous mistakes trying to do what I wanted though. I should be embarrassed to even tell anybody. I didn't think it thru. I wanted rows of solid colors and rows of multi colors. These are batiks. I made the rows like I was using white as a background for the whole quilt. That was thoughtless and clueless of me. It looks dumb and it formed stupid looking rows that don't have the solid color as a zig or zag. I had to replace every other row with a top half of the blocks using the solid color that was the bottom of the row above it to make all piecing be a zigzag or chevron. Such an embarrassment! Shame on me. I have been totally distracted by all the odd medical issues that the doctors totally IGNORED. That is my excuse and I am sticking with it! My legs are swelling....I have a rash and swelling on my face...blood clots in my left hand...and a bad attitude from it. The stress from anything to do with doctors is over the top. They treat you, they help you, they screw you up and then.....they pretend NOTHING is wrong. You wait 6 weeks to speak to anybody and the underlying symptoms are the heart problem and you go to bed wondering if you will be alive in the morning. So much for the whining.
  I had enough fabric to replace pieces and make the blocks. That would have been nice in a different version of the same colors as HST's too. This is just a baby quilt or it would have been a disaster. I was told what the colors are for a new baby and I really was happy about the odd colors. I am talking peach, aqua, plum and from dark to light. I just happened to have those. My stash does have a green but I think it is great looking. I am slightly unhappy about the one peach fabric solid that I put with the peach spotted batik. It makes it appear to be 2 zigzag row together of the same color. My planning was pretty bad. So I stand or sit there and watch my legs swell.   It caused me to go ahead and use my excercise bike today. That was a good thing and had a good benefit but the ankles are still bad.
   I drew the colors out on a piece of paper and laid fabric out and I am slowly putting putting blocks together. I was upset with myself over it last night and even cut and made some pieces I DIDN'T need. TOTALLY frustrated and stayed up to about 7am. Not a good idea but just mental disgust and wanted it fixed. I will be able to use the other blocks. It isn't a total loss... I did LEARN from it. I should have done in on the computer and painted in the colors. I usually do.

No comments:

Post a Comment