Monday, July 29, 2013

patriotic chevrons

I am sewing the 2nd giant RWB chevron together. I really think they are turning out nice. I want one. I would feather mine to death. I would add some pizzazz from my new Cindy Needham class too. I want a bigger quilt than these though. I like the 50x50 inch size but I like longer quilts than that. I have the sizes and designs worked out in the computer using Paint. I just keep counting what I need and missing some of the blocks. I've been too tired lately. I am going to be making some charts for these. I tried to find a tutorial on this. I couldn't find any that are for the offset types. I thought the blocks went together in about an hour but now I am ironing the rows, checking and trimming. I had one cockeyed. Amazing how that happens. I want to simplify the work a bit and just use the one color of white or 2 shades but I will have to make a chart so that the red is sewn to one and the blue to the 2nd white fabric.
   I would love to do these in some prissy fabrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment