Sunday, August 11, 2013

new chevron size 60x72

I am working out the details of doing a chevron with large blocks and finishing the quilt top as 62x73. I always see that the quilting has drawn it up a bit and I want to keep the size over instead of under. I cheated in a way by adding 1/2 inch to each square to get a bit bigger block and add 2 or 3 inches to the length and width. That works out well since the yard of fabric allows for the cuts to be 11.5".
I have am using almost a yard each of 2 blue, 2 reds and 2 whites. I think this makes it much easier to plan. I have planned to actually just cut some of these and use the pieces as triangles instead of sewing them together as a block and cutting one diagonal. I just have too many extra pieces and large amounts left over.
  My reds continue to be a problem with color bleeding and soaking them forever. I used boiling water on the worst one tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment