Sunday, March 13, 2016

New 1885 Singer Fiddle BaseTreadle

   I purchased a good condition 1885 Singer fiddle base with treadle, cabinet, and coffin top. I had spent a lot of time cleaning it. I have the bobbin winder back together, the wheel off, 2 cleanings on the bottom, face piece off etc. It is slow. I am surprised by how slow. I think after I do a few, I will feel more confident that I can get it back together and running. I have been able to scrub the inside of the machine pretty good since most of the back side can be removed.
    I am suffering from a twisted back and will post some photos as soon as I can get to it. The decals aren't as good as I had hoped but that is not surprising given the age. I really think the seller was nice and a great contact for more sewing machines. Only bad thing is that I have 12 now and wish I had met him 6 weeks ago. I have had good luck with Craigs list so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment