Sunday, September 16, 2012

Applique flowers quilted

I have the applique flower quilt completed and the binding on it. I am a bit concerned about a few of the petals not having the stitching on the edges good enough. I learned  many things doing this. I took out the stitching in the center of the petals that I had done that to. I didn't like it and it didn't look good on the front or back. It stopped the design from looking nice on the back. The stitching around the stems looks too wobbly on the back. It didn't really look as bad on the front. I got in a hurry and learned how bad that can be. I didn't stitch the outer circle around the center of the flowers in the dark pink area and it leaves it looking stupid on the back. I did the crosshatch in the center but not completing the outer edge as I went. I did all the outlining OUTSIDE the piecing and on this one, on mine, I would do it in the piecing. It will make the back look nice and it will anchor it down. The zigzag stitching that I used to apply the pieces is not enough in my opinion with the methods I used. There is only wash out glue in most of this and no fusible product. I would not feel the need to do that on the fusible. I don't have the lighting the way I want it here but I have so many other projects that I don't have any photos or notes for that I am gonna consider this acceptable. I have a Pellon batting 80/20 and it stitched like a dream. I don't have it washed yet and I think it will be nicer.

No comments:

Post a Comment