Monday, September 17, 2012

Quilting from July 12, 2012

quilting

July 12,2012
I have another purple strip quilt started and can’t find the butterfly templates I made for the first one. I guess I should be doing a better job with the drawings and templates. I can draw some more. I would have to do better if I were in business. I completed one of the nicest works I have done recently. I did hand guided crosshatch on a satin baby angel wing quilt. I was at least pleased with how good I did the ruler work. I had another quilt loaded that is the absolute first of perfect seams for my piecing (hate to admit it)
post from months ago…
I feel like I spent a small fortune to get fabrics for a couple of projects. I got several Moda Fruitcake fabrics to go with a layer cake I have had at least a year. I am planning 2 quilts from all the Fruitcake fabric. I am planning a 10 minute block quilt from the layer cake.
I purchased a jelly roll of Moda 3 Sisters “Grace” and border fabrics. I spent a couple hours 2 different days at the quilt shop gathering fabrics.
I purchased another set starting with the jelly roll of Blackbird designs “Wild Rose”. I purchased fabrics for a set of 3 as the border. I scrounged thru the Moda bake shop site and found a terrific free pattern for a quilt using “wild rose” fabrics. http://www.modabakeshop.com/2010/12/wild-rose-postage-stamp-quilt.html I don’t think I want to make it but I sure love the one there. I saw a lot of inspirational quilts on the flickr site and info from the quilts that they were patterns from Moda bake shop. I made sure I saved the files to have the instructions.
Last but not least here is my jelly roll of April Cornell “decadent victorian” I have 2 yards of fabric for a border but still seriously want a dark purple. The whole idea was to make the quilt in the strip quilt book that featured the fabric but I was so inexperienced about the designer fabrics, I had no idea the fabric was mostly sold out.

No comments:

Post a Comment