Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Wednesday Aug 9,2012 pastel lap quilt

I am making another of the lap quilts for the nursing home. It will be the 9th one. I'm having some issues with the tension and the check spring was replaced recently. I think it will take me a little while to get used to the difference with a new spring instead of a worn out one. I have made all of these after the change. Most of them have poly batting. Sorry about the design marks. I used orange crayon and won't be doing that again. Orange didn't want to wash out. The washable crayons have been great till that one.
  Since I just started the blog here, I will back track a bit. I made several 36" lap quilts that are for wheelchairs. I made a couple in pastel shades, a black and white, and a patriotic. I moved all the blocks on one that would have been a star and formed a diagonal design instead. I am hoping to do a small tutorial on the star quilt and include fabric amounts etc. I am pleased with the small amount of time and the backing for them as a quick small useful gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment